Are You a Facebook Power User?
The Facebook Elite
A Facebook power user, as one might expect, is someone who uses the social media site more often than most. Research into the habits of Facebook users shows that power users drive a disproportionately high amount of the activity on the site. Compared to other users, they:
• Send a high number of friend requests
• Make more comments on friends’ posts and news stories
• Press the “Like” button more often
• Post more status updates
• Are more likely to send private messages
• Tag more friends in their photos
If you want to know whether you quality as a power user, click on the image above to read the criteria used to establish who is and who isn’t a power user. We’re not ashamed to admit that several of us here at Oozle Media do qualify.
Interestingly, power users are also more likely to be politically active than non-power users. They are more likely to campaign for their favorite candidates, and to express their support for favored politicians and causes on their Facebook page.
This political activism also has implications for business owners. Because power users exert a disproportionate influence on the site, getting some on your business’ side can be very helpful as you develop your online marketing campaign. Power users are much more likely to review and “Like” businesses (and, as we’ve said in the past, word of mouth is one of the best ways to drive traffic to a business.)
The infographic suggests three ways to take advantage of power users:
1. Target power users—they are far more likely to be responsive to your efforts to reach out than the average Facebook user.
2. Keep them engaged—create unique opportunities for users that are fun and that increase exposure for your business.
3. Create incentives—offer prizes and benefits for those who are most active in promoting your company and Facebook.
Increase exposure to your business by energizing power users—you may find that your efforts pay off in dividends. And, as always, if you need help with your online marketing campaign, contact your social media marketing experts today!