TikTok Spark Ads
Get The Most Out of TikTok With SparkAds
If you work in social media marketing and advertising, you’ve probably heard time and time again, “authentic and REAL content sells!” It’s true! People want to connect with people, not brands.
At Oozle we believe a good social media strategy is posting about your business, but a GREAT social media strategy is when others are posting good things about your business. If other people are saying good things about you, it is real and authentic and can drive action from viewers! Positive content generated by users can be a great way for people to learn about your brand and be persuaded to take action. But how do you achieve real and authentic advertising when it comes to promoting your business and services on these platforms?
One reason Tiktok has become so popular is how easy it has become for any user to go viral. However, waiting for the platform to organically show the posts you want it to show isn’t very reliable. And even if they did go viral, it doesn’t guarantee that the people seeing it are in your target demographic, or much less, located close enough to do business with you. But that’s where TikTok Ads come in.
What Are Tiktok Ads?
Just like other social ad platforms, TikTok has developed their own advertising platform that provides a variety of ad campaign objectives. Most of them will seem familiar to you as they are the same objectives used on Facebook.
Why should you advertise on TikTok? What are the benefits? And how can I get my business to connect with users? Let’s talk about why TikTok is the way to go:
- You will have a higher chance that more people will see your posts, rather than just leaving it up to the algorithm to determine if it goes viral.
- You get more audience targeting control. You are able to send your ads/posts to your specified target area and demographic, rather than just any user, anywhere.
- Your business might lack the time or resources to produce organic content on a weekly, or even daily basis. But, if you can use content created by other users you can save the time it takes to make them.
- Last, TikTok ads will get you more impressions at a lower CPM than most platforms due to the way the platform’s algorithm was built. In addition, you have the power to take control of 100% of the mobile screen space! This is still somewhat of a novelty in the digital ad world. Other platforms ask you to expand the video to a full-screen view rather than already presenting it in the full-screen view automatically. TikTok is always in the vertical, full screen format.
What Are TikTok Spark Ads?
TikTok Ads manager has a feature called Spark Ads. Just like Facebook and Instagram, you can amplify organic content through the ads platform. Tiktok defines Spark Ads as “a native ad format that enables you to leverage organic TikTok posts and their features in your advertising.” However, unlike Facebook, TikTok Spark Ads allow you to not only boost your own content, but you can also boost organic content created by other TikTok users with their authorization. This is a huge help when it comes to incorporating influencer marketing into your marketing strategy and taking advantage of that authentic User Generated Content.
How Do You Run Other User’s Content As Spark Ads?
Here are is a step-by-step guide to help you and the video creator share their content to be used in your paid TikTok ad strategy:
- Find the video you or the creator are interested in promoting on TikTok Ads Manager.
- On the bottom right hand side of the video, the user will see a button with 3 dots. Click those 3 dots.
- After that, a menu bar will appear at the bottom. The very bottom row of options, the user will scroll all the way to the right until they find the icon that says “Ad Settings.” Click there.
- From there, the user will see two options:
- “Only show as ad.”
- “Ad Authorization”
- Underneath “Ad Authorization,” make sure to check “You have read and agree to the Advertising Content Terms of Service.”
- Next to “Ad Authorization,” there is a switch that will need to be clicked and turned on.
- An informational window will appear, click “OK.”
- A new button will appear that says “Generate Code.” Click this.
- A window will appear asking how many days the user would like their video to be authorized for advertising. Best practice would be to authorize for a full year.
- Click “Authorize.”
- A new authorization code will be created. The video creator will need to copy this code and then send it to whoever is running the TikTok ads in Ads Manager.
From there, your social ads manager will then be able to send this organic content to exactly who you want to see it!
The TikTok ads market space is fresh and NOT CROWDED YET! Get ahead of the game while there’s room and start advertising on TikTok now.