6 Signs of Bad SEO Service
There are tons of SEO (search engine optimization) companies out there all promising to be the best at what they do. How do you separate the good from the bad? To find that SEO master sensei you’re looking for, you must first learn to recognize some bad SEO service tactics.
- Making Promises They Can’t Keep: It’s exciting when you are promised the number one search result on Google for every keyword. The problem is it’s not going to happen. Make sure a company is giving you realistic expectations.
- “Black Hat” SEO techniques: Becoming a sensei doesn’t mean using trick ninja tactics. Nobody likes being associated with spam marketing.
- Promises of Listings in Hundreds of Directories: There are only a handful of really effective directories, and they’re all you need. A company that promises more is either unrealistic or they’re using a software that’s doing it automatically, robotically, and non-specifically. Do your part; don’t let the robots take over.
- Delivering Quantity over Quality: It’s more important to find relevant, smaller doses of traffic than those who are going to bring hoards of people landing on your site who don’t know what they’re doing there.
- Bad Content: Good site content is a lot of work and it’s time consuming but there’s really no way around it. Search engines seem to know what they’re doing- matching relevant quality content to what people are searching for.
- One Stop Shop: SEO isn’t a baby bird you teach to fly then it takes off and leaves you as you cry proudly. It needs constant nurturing and updating. If the Utah SEO company isn’t looking for long term love, fake a phone call from your sick friend and get out of there.