5 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Pay Per Click
Why PPC Matters
Pay per click is a form of targeted online advertising that allows advertisements for your business to show up on search engines such as Google and Yahoo. When used correctly, it is one of the most valuable tools for those wishing to establish an online presence for their business.
Some of the benefits of PPC include:
• Targeted advertising – Advertise to those most likely to be interested in your business. Relevant keywords are attached to your ads, so when someone searches for one of those keywords—for example, “plumbers in Utah”—advertisements for your business will appear on the search engine results.
• Much wider exposure for your site – Your ads will appear on the most popular search engines, so anyone searching online can see advertisements for your business.
• Fast results –You won’t have to wait weeks or months to get results. Your ads will appear quickly on search engines, and you can start seeing results in the form of increased website traffic and conversions (that is, actual phone calls/emails/inquiries to your business) almost instantaneously
• Cost efficient – Unlike most traditional forms of advertising, you don’t pay to have your ad appear—you only pay when someone actually clicks on the link and visits your webpage.
When done right, PPC advertising is one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your site. However, there are a lot of strategies involved in creating an effective online advertising campaign, and it is important that your advertising campaign is optimized to bring more customers to your business.
Some PPC Campaigns Are Better Than Others
Though many business owners consider PPC a vital element of their online success, there are many aspects to effective internet advertising. Those who hastily throw together a campaign and expect to get results will often find themselves disappointed. So help ensure that you are getting the most bang for your buck by following these tips:
1. Use specific keywords – When designing your campaign, try and stay specific in your choice of keywords. In other word, don’t just use “house” or “rentals” as keywords for your Utah real estate business.
2. Attach a location – Be sure to use location specific advertising. There’s little point in having your ad for a Utah business appear to someone in Maine.
3. Promote special deals – Using words like “sale” and “free” in your ads can be a big draw.
4. Use the right “landing page” – The “landing page” is the first page the customer sees when they click on your ad. Make sure the landing page is targeted specifically to those who click-through on the ad—that is to say, if the ad is for “Utah drain cleaners” don’t link them to the “water softener” section of your website.
5. Follow through – It is not enough to set up a campaign and just sit back and watch. You’ll need to run follow-up tests, seeing which ads are the most effective and which keywords are leading to the most conversions.
For more tips on getting the most out of PPC, visit Mashable.
While a good PPC campaign will offer an excellent return on investment, an ineffective campaign can just be a drain to your company’s finances. Following these tips will help ensure that you are getting the most for your money.
The Right Way to PPC
Strategic use of online marketing can do wonders for your business. The experts at Oozle Media are here to help you optimize your PPC campaign—so if you have any questions about marketing your business online, contact us today!